Make Social Media Marketing Work For You
Date: 25 August 2011 (Thursday)
Venue: Telecom NZ, Corporate Head Office, Telecom Place, Auckland
A recent issue of CIO NZ magazine predicts that “social media will keep dominating the business conversation in 2011″. Whether you are a big NZ company with a Chief Information Officer, a small-medium sized enterprise, or even a start-up entrepreneur, there are a lot of myths, misunderstandings, pre-conceived notions, and even way too much hype out there about social media marketing.
Come to Telecom’s conference facility in Auckland for a thought-provoking and informative day and learn what you need to know about social media marketing.
7:30 - 9:30 AM
Social Media for Business Panel
9:45 - 5:15 PM
A full day of presentations, perspective, case studies, dialogue and networking @ Telecom's conference center in their new Auckland facilities. See the complete program. Be one of the first 20 attendees to register and receive a $100 (gst incl.) discount
5:30 - 7:30 PM
after party at La Zeppa. Join us for drinks and
nibbles and great networking.
Spend a day with NZ digital marketing professionals to better understand social media marketing tools & techniques. International keynote by US social media marketing guru, Jon Leland.Register
1 visionary keynote to set the tone and framework for the day. 8 NZ SM marketing case studies. 3 experienced NZ SM marketing specialists discussing analytics and best practices.All Speakers
09:30 – 10:10
Registration and Mid-Morning Coffee and Tea
10:10 – 10:20
Welcome and Opening Remarks
Conference Chair: Hal Josephson
10:20 – 11:00
Keynote: Amplify Your Digital Profile & Social Media Presence
Jon Leland, President, Combridges, USA Founder, NewMarU
11:00 – 12:15
(Re)Design Your Key Thinking / Build Your Next Strategy
- What are the core ideas that can help your company?
- What strategies are a must – the baseline necessities?
- How does good strategy effectively drive your tactics?
Jon Leland moderates a dialogue and mini -brainstorm with:
- Hayden Raw, Co-Founder, Commonroom
- Duncan Shand, Co-Founder YoungShand
12:15 – 13:00
13:00 – 14:15
Part One: Social Media Case Studies/Stories
What specific programs are working? How and why?
How bankable are certain social media marketing techniques?
- Tim Pointer & Matt Rowe, Founders, Uprise
- Greg Forsythe, Marketing Manager, NZ2011
- Debbie Ebbitt, Group Marketing Manager, Redwood Cellars
- Simon Young, Partner, Connector, Sy Engage
14:15 - 14:20
Five Minute Stretch
14:20 - 15:30
Part Two: Social Media Case Studies/Stories
What are some of the most innovative SM changes?
What trends can be leveraged for business success?
- Richard Irvine, Online Community Manager, Telecom
- Ben Young, Co-founder, Marketing Director, Young & Shand
- Anna Henwood, Brand Manager, Tourism NZ
- Tim Norton, CEO and Founder, 90 Seconds
15:30 - 15:45
Afternoon Discussion and Coffee Break
15:45 – 16:45
What Analytics Assure the Best Measure?
How do you measure social media marketing success?
What are the latest and coming innovative software tools?
Panel discussion moderated by Jon Leland
- Matt Miller, Co-founder, Mogul
- Tom Reidy, CEO, Catalyst 90
- Justin Flitter, Social Media for Business
16:45 – 17:15
Closing Dialogue: How Social Media Will Change Your Business Practices
- How can social media best help your business compete?
- How can you position to take advantage of this coming wave?
Moderated by Hal Josephson, Managing Director, NZ Access Ltd.
Joined by Keynote Speakers, Panelists and Conferees.
17:30 – 19:30
End-of-day Networking Drinks & Nibbles
Join MediaSense sponsors for a “Keep the Conversation Going” after-party at La Zeppa. Speakers, conferees, and guests are invited to mix and mingle, compare notes from the day’s dialogue and enjoy an evening of food, wine, and hospitality at La Zeppa on Drake Street.
Examine new social media marketing ideas.
Get energized by the range of possibilities.
Meet your peers designing their own strategies.
Find out what’s working and what’s not.